When it comes to Photoshop, a powerful computer setup is a must. There are specific technical requirements to run this program and since one has to be mobile most often than not, a laptop is a popular choice. You need to consider the specifications of your laptop to see if its performance meets the demands of Photoshop.
If you’re in the market for a laptop, here are the top 15 best laptops for Photoshop that you should check out:
1. Apple MacBook Pro MJLQ2LL/A 15” with Retina Display. Apple is known to produce the best laptops for photo editing and Photoshop. This laptop comes with a 2.2 GHz i7 processor but can be overclocked to 16GB RAM for a faster performance. Unfortunately, its 256 GB of SSD storage might not be enough to store all of your RAW files. You have to get an extra backup for all your files. Despite the storage issue, the main highlight of this laptop is its retina display.
2. Apple MacBook Pro 15.4” 1TB Touch Bar Silver. This laptop has a 2.9 GHz i7 processor. Its 15.4” retina display is best for editing raw files in high-resolution. It has a 16GB RAM with 1TB SSD drive. The touch bar on this MacBook Pro is innovative. It can input commands without you having to memorize the keyboard shortcuts. Its Touch ID sensor improves the access to the laptop. This is probably one of the best laptops out there for Photoshop use.
3. Asus M580VD-EB76 VivoBook15.6” FHD. This Asus laptop is powered with an i7 processor, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB graphics card and a 1TB HDD. It has an internal memory of 16GB DDR4. It has a full HD resolution and supports 100% the sRGB color.
4. Asus F556UA-AB54 NB Laptop. This is a Windows laptop that has a 2.5 GHz Core i5 processor that’s great for photo and video editing. It has a memory of 8GB DDR4 and a built-in 256GB SSD hard drive. The great thing about this laptop is that it comes with multiple USB slots that are compatible with most devices.
5. Lenovo 17.3” ThinkPad P71 Mobile Workstation. It has a 3.1 GHz Intel Xeon E3-1535 M processor. Its large 17.3” display gives you three times the screen resolution as compared to the most common full HD laptops. The laptop has an internal memory of 16GB and an NVIDIA Quadro P4000M 8GB graphics card. Unfortunately, its storage is a bit small with the only 512GB worth of space.
6. Lenovo ThinkPad P50 Mobile Workstation. One of the major advantages of this laptop is its 4TB SSD storage. It has a powerful Intel Core i7 processor with 8GB RAM. Its graphic has a 4GB internal memory for smooth operation.
7. Lenovo 15.6” Legion Y520 Notebook. This laptop has a good combination of speed, affordability, and performance. It is powered by a 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 processor. It has an internal memory of 8GB. This has 1TB of traditional HDD and a 128GB SSD. It has an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Graphics Card.
8. Dell 15.6” Precision M5510 Multi-Touch Mobile Workstation. It comes with a 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 processor and a 8GB internal memory. It has a sharp display with a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels. Having a dedicated graphics processor, like what this laptop has, creates a smoother performance.
9. Dell Inspiron 15.6” Full HD Gaming Laptop. This laptop is designed for a photographer who uses Photoshop a lot. It has a 7th generation i7 processor and an internal memory of 8GB and 1TB storage. You can also overclock the memory of the laptop up to 32GB. Its secondary 128GB SSD storage allows your system to work quickly.
10. Dell Gaming Inspiron 17.3” FHD Laptop. It has a full HD display that’s backlit and anti-glare so you can work even under the bright light. This laptop is powered by an Intel Core i7 processor and a 16GB RAM memory. It has a storage of 2TB HDD which gives you ample of space to save your work. This has an AMD Radeon R7 M445 graphics card that has a 4GB memory for a powerful laptop.
11. HP 15.6” Zbook 15 G3 Mobile Workstation. It has an Intel Xeon E3 processor and an internal memory of 16GB. It has four memory slots that you can fill up so you can have a more powerful laptop. It has a 15.6” full HD display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080. It powerful NVIDIA Quadro M2000 graphics card with a 4GB memory.
12. HP ENVY TouchSmart 15.6” Touch-Screen Laptop. This laptop proves that you don’t have to spend a lot for an efficient one. It is powered by an Intel Core i5 processor and a 8GB RAM. Although it doesn’t have a dedicated graphics card, it has an Intel HD Graphics 4600 that’s enough for editing projects.
13. MSI WT72 2OL-1246 17.3” It’s powered by an Intel Core i7 processor with 16GB RAM. It also has an NVIDIA Quadro K4100M graphics card. The laptop has a full HD display with 1920 x 1080 resolution. Its large screen allows you to have a pretty good view of your work. Although it doesn’t have a large enough resolution, its screen size makes up for it.
14. MSI GE72 APACHE-235 17.3” Gaming Laptop. Its large screen makes it a good laptop for editing projects. It has an Intel Core i7 processor and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX960M graphics card that has 2GB memory. The laptop has 16GB dedicated memory and 1024GB HDD. Although it doesn’t have an SSD, it’s still fast enough for Photoshop.
15. Acer Touch V3-372T Ultrabook. This is a mid-range laptop that has an ultra-thin design. It is built with an Intel Core i7 processor that’s powerful enough to handle photo editing tasks. It has a 13.3” display that’s in full HD. The laptop comes with an 8GB DDR3 memory that can be expanded to 16GB. It has a 512GB of SSD for storing your work, but might not be enough to handle all of your RAW files.
Last modified: October 24, 2017