As a real estate photographer, you want to show the entire property to your likely buyers. You want to make them feel the welcoming and ample space of the property. The selection of the lenses to be used will be critical in making the spaces feel spacious. In the competitive landscape of real estate photography, presenting properties that are attractive and appealing will give you the edge.
Most agents and realtors depend much on excellent photographers who can capture stellar photos that give out the unique beauty and selling points of the property. It’s a must that they hire the services of professional photographers who know how to take quality photos needed for property marketing. When high-quality images are presented, it really makes a good impression on home hunters.
The Types of Lenses: What Type is Good for Real Estate?
1. The Wide Angle Lens
• Most important type for real estate photography
• Vital in getting the attention of customers
• Can make a room appear as large and open as possible
• Helpful in getting the entire space into one angle shot
This is the most important type of lens for real estate photographers. The use of a wide angle lens is vital to ensure in getting the attention of prospective buyers which is crucial in driving the leads you need. A wide angle lens can capture a broader view of the property you are taking.
2. The Zoom Lens
• Applies to rooms of all shapes and sizes
• Allows the change of focal lengths
If you talk of versatility and flexibility, the zoom lens is perfect for you. This type of lens can be applied to all kinds of rooms with different sizes and shapes. Depending on the shot that you’re going to take, the zoom lens has the advantage of changing to different focal lengths without changing out the lens itself.
3. Minimal Distortion Lens
• Used to capture photos without blurriness
The minimal distortion lens, as the name implies, enables you to get an amazing shot from edge to edge without any distortion.
The 11 Latest Best Lens for Real Estate Photography
If you want to sell houses fast, the correct equipment plays a major role in it. Photography lenses, for, one, are important in making images sharp and bright not only in the center but also at the edges. Look at the list of 11 latest best lenses for your real estate photography business.
1. Canon EF 16-35mm F/2.8L II USM
• High-end, ultra-zoom lens
• Can be used at different lighting conditions
• An all-weather lens
This is one indispensable lens in real estate photography. Possessing a high-end ultra-zoom wide angle lens, it provides that sharpness you have never seen before. Canon EF 16-35mm F/2.8L II USM enables you to shoot under different lighting situations. This is an all-weather lens that is protected from dust, dirt and moisture.
2. Tamron 10-24mm F/3.5-6.3 Di-II VC
• Can be used with cropped sensor cameras
• Capture full sense of space
• Minimize distortion
• Light in weight
The Tamron 10-24mm F/3.5-6.3 Di-II VC is a superb wide angle lens basically used with cropped sensor cameras. It allows you to get photos that feature a full sense of space you want to capture. The lens has image stabilization property that lessens any distortion caused by not using a tripod. Moreover, this lens is light in weight.
3. Nikon Nikkor 16-35mm f/4
• Vibration reduction property
• Image stabilization feature for steadier shooting
4. Sigma 20mm f/1.4 ART DG HSM
• Great outdoor lens
• Excellent for limited lighting conditions
5. Tokina AT-X 17-35mm f/4 Pro FX
• Affordable and high-quality performance
• Ideal for interiors
• Angular view is more defined for interior shots
6. Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II Tilt-Shift Lens
• Excellent for architectural and real estate properties
• Consists of tilt-shift lens
• Lens has larger circular coverage
7. Fujinon XF10-24mm f/4 R OIS
• Filters can be used (not common for wide angle lenses)
• Good for interior shooting
8. Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 USM
• All-weather lens
• Distortion is low
• Best lens for beginning real estate agents
• Glare protection is outstanding
9. Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 IF UMC (Samyang)
• Lightweight lenses
• Made a name at f/2.8
• Best for beginners who want to earn right away
• Best manual focus lens
10. Tokina 12-28mm f/4
• Sharpness to focal length is consistent
• Distortion is minimal
• Great for amateur photographers
11. Tamron 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 Di II VC HLD
• Minimal distortion and lens flare
• Super wide angle capture
Last modified: May 9, 2020